Winter’s coming to an end, and my dreams of cozing up with crochet projects and having a closet full of mittens have not materialized. BUT, I finished my last Creative Writing class and am not a holder of a Master’s Degree in English and Creative Writing. It’s been a 7 year journey that I nearly gave up on several times, but I’m glad I stuck it out. After all the work and money I put into it, I really wanted to say I finished! Yay. And now more free time!
We’ve also slowly been working on our office redo. It’s coming along, but dragging out a bit. Here’s what we’ve done:
- Ripped out the gross carpet and laid down “luxury” vinyl planking. For someone who really loathes exterior vinyl siding on houses, I actually don’t mind vinyl flooring at all. It’s easy to lay down, affordable, durable, and I think it looks pretty darn good. We got ours from Home Depot and it’s called Lifeproof Rigid Core Vinyl Plank Flooring in Essential Oak. I really couldn’t be happier with it.
- We painted the walls in Behr “Explorer Blue” We got rid of our desks and built in a wood desktop with oak planks we’ve had laying around for 14 years. My dear mother is going to come over and sand it so it looks more finished. It’s pretty cool though. Jon, Jill and Kevin took on that project, along with…
- A new built in cabinet for our printers and office supplies. It’s nearly done. I’m trying to get one board to unwarp using a trick I learned on the internet (spray the concave side water, lay it down in the sun or by a fire and the exposed part with dry up, unwarping it – it does appear to be working!) Then I need to poly it, put on hardware and voila!
- My parents refinished an old dilapidated drafting table I had and it looks fantastic! My dad rebuilt the top.
- I got some fun new decor, including a great affordable 100% cotton rug from World Market that I love.
So we’ve been working hard, but having fun too. Samara came over yesterday for a bunny butt bake off! Here are some of the results: